Friday, June 11, 2010

Keep Praying

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts and love and e-mail
and facebook messages. It makes my heart so happy to know how many
people care and are thinking about us. I keep telling Craig that he is
so popular with all the phone calls and messages he is getting.

I was finally able to speak with a doctor today and I received some
good news. Yay! He will not need any more operations. His ribs and
lung will heal on their own. There is still some bleeding and air in
his chest, but that will start to go away. When I went into see him
tonight I was told that the tubes were removed from his head, which
means his brain is not excessively bleeding anymore. Yay again! His
colour looked good again today, and his left hand is free of tubes and
IV's so I am able to hold it when I sit with him. The part of his
brain that controls temperature and regulates fever is damaged so he
has a fever but not because of infection. He was also really sweaty
yesterday and clammy to the touch, but was much better today. When I
held his hand it was just like he was sleeping. :) The doctor also
said that he is strong and in this situation, Craig is doing better
than most people do. Third Yay! I prayed last night that God would
just make him a little better today and he was a little better TWICE!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I am being blessed by
co-workers, friends and other believers as I sit in the hospital and
wait to be with my love, but night is very hard. I find it hard to
sleep when it is dark and my brain just starts to think and go crazy.
I did get some sleeping pills for tonight, so I am hoping that will
help. Craig is strong, both physically and mentally and I am hopeful
that he will pull through this. He just needs to rest and I have told
him that. :)

Thank you again.

Love,
Kristin for Craig too

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you have started a blog. I have been praying constantly for you since I heard the news, and have been asking others to pray, as well. I'll post the link to this blog on my Facebook page. Praying for strength and rest for you, praying for good healing for Craig, for safe travels for those who are coming to be with you, for understanding with the doctors. I have seen that God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine, so I am praying this for you and Craig, too.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    You are in my prayers, and I know that God is with you in this situation!! Praise the Lord for those small miracles!!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Craig....he is going to be dramatic about his recovery....he needs more amazing sermon stories....and this one is one of those seal a deal "I want to change my life for the better" stories.

    Craig...you are a crafty one. Love ya my friend.

    ReplyDelete