Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Brain Scan


Craig went in for a brain scan this morning, which is a good thing. I was able to talk with the doctor when I went to visit him at 11:30am. The bleeding in his brain has stopped, and it looks better than it did when he came in. The doctor was very concerned about the central part of his brain when he first came in, and that is doing well. That part of the brain controls 8 things in the body, and Craig's is currently in control of all 8. Yay! The right side of his brain (the frontal lobe) is where he was hit and is damaged. There is also some damage to the left side of his brain. The right side is in charge of thinking, memory and behaviour, so this is a concern. Please pray that God will heal this so I can have my husband back, and that he will remember me and act like "Craig" when he wakes up.

His temperature seemed to be good today, he was not very sweaty and his skin felt normal to the touch. There was a doctor when I went to visit this morning who looked at his right eye (it is closed and very bruised), but the doctor said that only the skin is bruised and that his eyeball is okay. Yay! They will know more later once he wakes up, but that is good news for now.

Everyday and every visit is a little more positive change. It's sometimes hard as I don't feel like he is getting better very quickly, but it has only been about 72 hours since he first came into the hospital and he has improved a lot since then. I just have to remember daily, hourly and every minute that the One who put Craig together in the first place is the One who is holding him together now. It's going to be okay.

My mom is coming in tomorrow (BIG yay!), and one of Craig's Korean co-teachers offered to pick her up from the airport. Mom is flying in on Asiana Airlines, and this Korean girl used to be a flight attendant with Asiana Airlines and said she would call her friend to make sure they take care of my mom. God is good! My dad will fly in next Sunday, and my brother will come next Monday. It will be nice to have family close by, and I think Craig will appreciate it as well. Although, I have been blessed to see a new side of Korean culture, and my co-teachers and Craig's co-teachers have continued to be an encouragement to me.

Thank you again for your prayers, and please continue to pray for us.

Love,
Kristin for Craig too

11 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you my friend! There are so many people praying for Craig's recovery and for you as well, and you are so loved! Thank you for keeping us updated :) Love you! Erin Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for full recovery of Craig's brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you guys, Sweetie. You're right - God is the One who put Craig together in the beginning and he's holding him now. Thanks for that reminder... Praying for you guys and am glad that there's small improvement every day.

    Alicia R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin,
    I've been a friend of Craig's since kindergarten and even though I don't know you, I was so excited to hear that Craig found such a beautiful, God fearing woman. Thank you so very much for starting this blog to keep us all posted. Know that my husband, family and I are praying for you and Craig. I am also an Occupational Therapist and work with young guys who have sustained brain injuries and it is never, ever ease. Keep relinquishing and giving things up to the Lord, it's all you can do. Much, much love and hang in there, Kendra Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, we're praying for you and Craig, sweetie. So sorry to hear this. It sounds like he's in good hands (and definitely in God's hands, we know!) Glad your mom can come soon. Love you! Janet Wohlgemut

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put together my own paper crane today to help remind me to pray for you both... I learned a lot about patience in drying to follow a video and do as it says... once I got how to do it though I quickly understood how the crane would be made with love, and an excellent process to passing the time until craig has recovered... God bless you both and just know that out there there are people sitting with you making paper cranes... even though we are not beside you, we are still near in thought and prayer and practise...
    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cousin Lynn from CaliforniaJune 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

    Kristin, my prayers are with you and Craig. May you have love that never ends,lots of money, and lots of friends; health be yours, whatever you do; and may God send many blessings to you! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristin, Although I’ve never met you or Craig, I’m part of the Faith Baptist Church community, which means that we are sisters by extension…I want you to know that I’m praying for you guys constantly. Rehab is my career and I’m at your disposal if you need absolutely any help getting hooked up with anything back in Ontario. Love and intense praying, Tammy Arden McGregor Temple

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear that Craig's recovering. Will continue praying for his other injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so said to hear of the accident. My prayers go out to the famuly and my continuing prayers for Craig (do not know Craig) but God will answer our prayers if it is His will.
    In His Love
    Anna Bertelsen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys, I just got your latest update! Please know we are praying for you. We made it home safely on Monday. Love and prayers to you all, Judith and Eric, Stephen, Daniel and Timothy

    ReplyDelete